Local News, History, and Info from around Carthage, Missouri
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound narrow or medium egg noodles
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine sausage, onion, and green pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain off pan drippings.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, sour cream, water, sugar, chili powder, and salt; mix well. Stir tomato mixture and noodles into skillet.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.