JOPLIN, Mo. – About 7:15 p.m. Friday evening, December 9, 2022, a Joplin Police officer on patrol noticed smoke coming from a residence at 1925 South Connor. Joplin E-911 alerted the Joplin Fire Dept to respond.
Joplin Fire arrival observed smoke coming from the eaves and roof of the residence.
Joplin Police tell us on scene there was no sign of forced entry.
We never observed visible flames from outside the residence. Neighbors tell us it is vacant, the owners had fixed the home up for sale and the for sale sign is clearly posted in the front yard.
Liberty Utilities responded to cut electric from the residence. Smoke almost immediately began subsiding.
| MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST >> Fire Dept reminders of Space Heater Safety
Joplin Fire will have official information as it becomes available. But for now it appears it was electrical within the walls and ceiling.
This is a developing news story, stay with Joplin News First on KOAM News Now as we continue to follow news and stories where you live. Scroll below and sign up for our JLNews email alerts so you don’t miss an article.
FOLLOW OUR SOCIALS, SEE NEWS WHILE YOU SURF…
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.