JOPLIN, Mo. — Sunday evening Joplin Police flooded the 800 block of S Sergeant with lights as they executed a contain-and-call-out at a residence.
Sgt Clay Collard tells us one of his officers on patrol spotted a man on a bicycle with a Burglary Warrant. As he went to stop him the man on the bike fled to a residence, 815 S Sergeant.
“He ran inside the house so we knew he was in there,” Sgt Collard tells us as they had immediately surrounded the residence.
They executed a contain-and-call-out with a bullhorn telling all occupants to exit the house.
Sgt Collard tells us after a short time the wanted man exited and he was taken into custody.
Additionally he says a second male exited and gave officers a false name. After his actual name was revealed, they discovered he had multiple warrants for arrest. He was also taken into custody.
No one was injured.
This is a breaking news story. We will update with more information as it is released by authorities.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Longtime Northpark Mall retailer moves across the street
- Osage Nation release renderings of proposed Lake of the Ozarks casino
- The implosion of James River Power Plant in Springfield
- The best EMS conference in the region is free and begins Monday
- Joplin Police seek assistance identifying man in armed robbery
- Carthage Fire, family and friends, remember fallen firefighter; Last call: 18 years ago today
- Fatal fire investigation in Newton County, woman dead
- Chris Stapleton is coming to the AMP July 29
- Parole absconder wanted on outstanding warrants