SPRINGFIELD & JOPLIN, Mo. – Christmas will be coming early this year for 1,800 students, teachers, and administrators.
As part of their yearly Season of Giving, James River Church will give each of them a unique gift.
KOAM’s Ty Parks was there today for the event
“As a church we love giving gifts, and letting children know they are loved by God is one of the most important things we do,” Chuck Greenaway, Director of Church & Community Care at James River Church, said. “We look forward to being in local schools again this year with a fun, Christmas-themed program and a gift for every child!”
James River Church has collaborated with local schools for 24 years to provide gifts and spread holiday cheer.
Five school blessings are scheduled this year, including a Christmas adventure, interactive games, and music.
Times and locations for Springfield:
- Friday, Dec. 9th: Westport Elementary at 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9th: Williams Elementary at 12:45 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 12th: Bowerman Elementary at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 12th: York Elementary at 12:20 p.m.
Times and location for Joplin:
- Friday, Dec. 9th: Dover Hill K-2 Elementary at 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9th: Dover Hill 3-5 Elementary at 12:45 a.m.
Area schools are selected based on several factors, including the number of children enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program.
Donations for the gifts are provided by the church’s Season of Giving.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.