Charlene Patton from the Kansas Soybean Commission is back in the studio! Today, she teaches us how to make spicy party nuts. Here’s how to make them:
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon smoky flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup roasted edamame
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine in a mixing bowl: melted margarine, smoky flavoring, and hot pepper sauce.
- In a large bowl: add edamame, pecans, walnuts, and cashews; add the margarine mixture and stir to coat the nuts.
- Add chili powder, curry powder, and salt to the nut mixture; stir to coat the nuts.
- Spread nuts on a baking pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees until nuts are crisp and toasted. Stir occasionally.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.