Charlene Patton from the Kansas Soybean Commission stops by the studio and teaches us how to make a turkey casserole. However, this isn’t just any casserole — it’s soy-based! Want to make it yourself? Well here’s how!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup soy sour cream
- ½ cup plain soy beverage
- 1/3 cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Add soy cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Lower heat; add turkey, cheese, soy sour cream, soy beverage, rice, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper;
stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Combine panko bread crumbs and melted margarine.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over turkey casserole.
- Bake uncovered
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.