Charlene Patton from the Kansas Soybean Commission stops by to teach us how to make soy-based pumpkin muffins! Not only are they super delicious — they’re super easy to make as well! Here’s how to make them:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup plain soy beverage
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Candied Nuts
- Combine in a large mixing bowl pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, soy beverage, sugar and
vanilla; whisk to blend.
- Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; stir to blend in all ingredients.
- Line the muffin tin with paper liners or grease the tin with vegetable oil.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full; top with 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Candied Nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 to 25 minutes or until the wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Makes 12 muffins.
Here’s how to make those candied nuts as well:
- ¾ cup chopped roasted soynuts
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- Combine in medium bowl soynuts and pecans with egg white, granulated sugar and
pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread nut mixture on a parchment-covered baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes; stir and continue baking for about 10 minutes or
until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Makes 1 ½ cups
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.