MIAMI, Okla. – A school resource officer with a history of theft was given a city citation for allegedly shoplifting a sports bra and melatonin at the Miami Wal-Mart.
Christopher Bailey Corbit, 44, of Commerce, was issued two citations on Nov. 17 and Nov. 18 by the Miami Police Department for larceny and shoplifting and theft by shoplifting.
The total loss was less than $30, according to the Nov. 17 Miami Police report. Corbit was banned from all Wal-Mart properties.
The Miami Wal-Mart store has “five open cases against Corbit at this time,” the report states.
Corbit is accused of placing items on top of each other and scanning one item and bagging two items through the self-checkout machines, the report states.
When confronted with the alleged theft Corbit offered to pay for the merchandise, the report states. Corbit then identified himself as a police officer, the report states.
Corbit is accused of stealing the following items according to the Nov. 18 report.
September 10, 2022
- Mezzetta Super Colossal Queen Olive, $11.88
- Lysol Power & Free, $3.52
- Mr. Clean Liquid Febreze Meadows & Rain, $3.24
- SB Toilet Gel Rainshower, $4.67
- Capaction Flea Medicine, $25.98
- Hartz 2 in 1 flea & tick dog collar, $7.16
- Prebal chicken & rice Sib dog food, $13.68
- Natural Sleep Support $13.97
- -Total $84.10
September 18, 2022
- Mezzettta Super Colossal Queen Olives, $11.88
- Sar NS Chdshp SH, $3.18
- Sharp Cheddar Chunk, $4.00
- Deluxe Whole Cashews, $9.98
- Mixed Berry Fruit Snacks, $7.24
- Sara Lee Bread, $3.28
- Toilet Paper, $6.36
- Old Spice Deodorant, $10.97,
- Chicken Tenders,$8.35
- -Total 81.00
September 27, 2022
- Fischer& Wieser – Preserves tiple berry, $5.08
- Charmin Flushable Wipes, $4.47
- Footlong Sub, $6.00
- -Total 15.55
Galena, Kan. schools are out for Thanksgiving break, a message was left for school administrators.
Corbit is a veteran law enforcement officer with more than two decades of service.
His background includes stints with the Ottawa County Oklahoma District Attorney’s Office, Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office, Baxter Springs, Kan. Police Department, Cherokee County Kansas Sheriffs’ Office, District Court of Cherokee County Kansas bailiff, Galena Kansas Police Department.
As a Galena police officer, Corbit was involved in a fatal shooting incident after the suspect lunged at Corbit with a knife.