It’s time for Halloween which means kids, adults, and pets alike put on costumes. A tradition of the holiday is trick-or-treating and/or trunk-or-treating. However, when taking the little ones trick-or-treating it’s important to keep them safe. Luckily, the Pittsburg Police have some times to keep them safe:
- Go only to houses that are lit or have people on the porch.
- If they’re wearing dark clothing — use reflectors.
- Check your kids’ candy before they dig in.
- Keep to groups of 5 to 10 people.
- Go with people that you’re familiar with.
With these tips, you and your kids should stay safe. However, if you feel there is anything suspicious — contact your local police department.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.