Unwrap a bundle of goodness with our recipe for Garden Chicken ‘n’ Veggies. Apart from being so darn tasty, this foil packet recipe also puts to rest two mealtime dilemmas: portioning and cleanup. You’ll be amazed at how easy dinner is when you’ve got a recipe like this one!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope dry Italian dressing mix, with 1 tablespoon reserved
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 onion, cut in half moon slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 12 x 18 inches.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with dressing mix, then lay each piece of chicken on a piece of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, zucchini, onion, the reserved 1 tablespoon Italian dressing mix, and oil; toss until vegetables are completely coated. Distribute vegetable mixture evenly over chicken breasts and drizzle any remaining dressing over vegetables. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables and seal packets tightly. Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.