- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 10 Min
This easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a perfect meal for those busy weeknights during the summer. Why the summer, you ask? Well, this delicious slow cooker recipe gives you fantastic Italian flavors, without you having to turn on your oven!
With slow cooker pasta bakes like this, you get to enjoy a delicious, hearty meal with very little work. It might sound a little…cheesy…but it just doesn’t get better than that.
If you love a good slow cooker cheesy pasta bake, then our baked ziti that you can set up and leave is going to be your new go-to! Watch the video right below and then check out the written instructions and get ready for a tasty dinner!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, uncooked
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for sprinkling
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti Directions:
- Coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce on the bottom, top with half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.