Today we’re sharing a Thanksgiving recipe we’re sure you’ll be thankful for! Our Gobble-It-Up Turkey Pot Pie uses up your holiday leftovers to make the ultimate day-after comfort food! Tender turkey, mixed veggies, delicious gravy, and pre-made but always flaky pie crust means this has to be good. One forkful and you’ll know we’re right!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups leftover cut-up turkey
- 2 cups leftover mixed veggies
- 2 1/2 cups turkey gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated folded pie crusts (2 crusts)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the pie crusts; mix well.
- Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into pie plate. Spoon turkey mixture into crust. Unroll second pie crust and place over turkey mixture. Pinch the edges together to seal and trim edges. (You can flute the edges if you’d like.) Using a paring knife, cut four 1-inch slits in the top to allow the steam to escape while this bakes.
- Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- This is great to make the day after a holiday when you have tons of leftovers. However, if you get the hankerin’ for this and there are no leftovers, you can pick up some thick-cut deli turkey and chunk that up, use a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and a jar of gravy will do the trick.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.