JASPER COUNTY, Mo. – The roundabout at Highway 171, 96 and Route YY by Carl Junction is now open to traffic.
Contractor crews finished work and opened the roundabout to traffic this afternoon.
Jasper County Route YY is open only in the eastbound direction. Due to safety reasons, they still have westbound Route YY closed. According to MoDOT, they will open it at a later date.
Drivers could still encounter periodic lane closures as crews wrap up minor work and clean up.
You can see a video from MoDOT about the layout below.
Traffic Impacts According to MoDOT:
- Roundabout at Missouri Route 171, Missouri Route 96 and eastbound Jasper County Route YY is OPEN
- Jasper County Route YY is CLOSED to westbound traffic at the roundabout
- Drivers on Route 171 and Route 96 cannot turn west onto Route YY
- Drivers may encounter periodic lane closures
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Workers started on the roundabout in June. MoDOT wanted to relocate the intersection to the east, away from the Kansas City Southern railroad tracks and convert the intersection to a multi-lane roundabout.
In addition, crews resurfaced an approximately 26-mile stretch of Route 171 between the Missouri/Kansas state line and I-49.
Related Headline: Sinkhole closes down a portion of Junge Blvd
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.