This isn’t your ordinary rice pudding recipe. This is a recipe for Really Good Rice Pudding. It’s just the right amount of creamy, and the flavor is incredible. This one can be made using basic pantry ingredients, so why not give it a try tonight?
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium white rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, the sugar, salt, and rice; mix well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and egg; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Place in serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.