Nothing fancy here – just good, old-fashioned steak prepared with garlic and butter. Dining Car Steak makes a mouthwatering dinner that your family will love. It feels like fine dining, but is as easy as your favorite weeknight dinner. Lucky for you, you don’t need to board a train to experience luxury!
What You’ll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 strip steaks (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley; mix well. Spoon mixture down the center of a 12-inch-square piece of wax paper and roll into a 1-inch-thick log. Wrap ends tightly and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of the steaks with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a grill pan or on your grill over medium-high heat, cook steaks 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning halfway through. If you are using a meat thermometer, the temperature should be 135 degrees for medium-rare.
- Place steaks on a platter and top each with a couple of slices of the herbed butter. The heat from the steaks will melt the butter and flavor the steaks. Store any unused herbed butter in the refrigerator.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.