Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We’re not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of “wow” to this easy dinner recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) white-fleshed fish fillets (like cod or haddock)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, shallot, capers, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fish in pan and cook about 4 minutes per side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Spoon lemon juice mixture over fish, sprinkle with chives, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- For a change of pace, we used fresh shallots in the sauce. If you’re not familiar with them, think of shallots as a cross between garlic and onion. If you don’t have any, no problem; a chopped onion will do the trick.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.