Attention anyone who loves cooking with fresh and flavorful ingredients! Our Perfect Portobello Pizza is the recipe for you! This recipe is the perfect way to make Italian at home in a healthier, great-tasting way because it substitutes a large portobello mushroom for a doughy pizza crust. Even better? It can be made in less than ten minutes!
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into ½-inch-thick slices and grilled or roasted (8 slices)
- 5 fresh basil leaves, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic. Brush mushroom caps on all sides with garlic mixture then place upside-down in a circle on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper then top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese and 2 slices of tomato.
- Roast 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mushroom is tender and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To give this easy pizza recipe an extra punch of flavor, right before serving, sprinkle on some oregano or some crushed red pepper flakes and dig in!
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.