Our Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish is a nostalgic recipe that will give you a warm feeling after just one bite. Indulge in the sweet flavors while memories of yesteryear come back, because this Danish recipe, is just like the ones you used to get as a kid. Now, you can share this with your own family and make new memories that’ll last a lifetime.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Flour for dusting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open package of crescent rolls but do not unroll them. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 8 even slices (as if you were making slice and bake cookies). Lay each slice on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between pieces. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, flatten each slice. Lightly dust each with flour and using your fingers (lightly flour them), build up the edges slightly. The center of each Danish should be flattened slightly so that each looks like a shallow bowl.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Evenly dollop mixture in center of each Danish, then top each with a teaspoonful of cherry pie filling.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over each Danish and top with sliced almonds, if desired.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.